Veteran Wealth Secrets 041 with JB Spisso - Leadership is Learned!
In this episode, we have JB Spisso, a leadership & culture expert, owner, published author, and sergeant major (retired) US army. JB gives insights about a deeper meaning of leadership, how to adapt and overcome, and the best ways to translate leadership skills learned from the military into the civilian space.
- 01:45- When does JB realize the meaning of leadership?
- 06:08- Translating leadership skills vs. being in management
- 12:16-Where does creativity come in to be a leader?
- 14:00- JB's transition process
- 17:44- Leadership is a learned trait
- Leadership is a learned trait; it will continue to get better over time, and it doesn't have to be one way.
- Find mentors in the business world that have already done what you're doing.
- Have a conversation with people and ask questions on where you are good at, and then continue to refined your skills
- “The military is a melting pot of diverse human beings, where you learn how to lead the group, bring them together, and have a common goal. “
- “If you see a skill set in a veteran, tell them. The military have to remind themselves of the great skills that they have and find a way to translate that into the corporate world”
- “Adapt and overcome. You might not get all the plans, but if you get most of it, start moving, don't be afraid to make adjustments as you go. “
- “The military is very creative. We are adaptable in so many things. Let's continue to find ways to adapt, continue to network, ask questions, talk to people, and be a good listener. “
Free eBook & Webinar - The BETTER Survivor Benefit Plan Alternative
Connect with Scott R. Tucker on LinkedIn!